Got a problem? We are here to offer supportMost issues that occur when using the TheVoipShop App can be solved with a few simple steps.
If not you can contact support for further assistance.
See if your problem is listed here... Contact Support
Install - What computers does TheVoipShop PC App work on?
PC requirements: XP, Vista or 7
Install - Can I sign in using my Existing TheVoipShop account?Yes, if you are an existing TheVoipShop App user, just enter your username and password when asked.
Logging in - Incorrect Credentials
If you experience a problem signing in due to incorrect credentials, you may see this message "incorrect username or password"
Please ensure that you are using the correct username and password. Your password is case sensitive. If you need to reset your password click on the Forgotten your password button to reset your password. The APP will display "Registered" or "Online" if you are connected with the correct username and password and your username will be displayed in the APP.
Logging in - Connection Problems
If you experience a problem signing in, you may see this message on the APP "unregistered"/ "offline" or cannot obtain Internet connection. The APP will display "Registered" or "Online" if you are connected with the correct username and password and your username will be displayed in the APP.
If so please check the following...
- 1. First ensure you are able to browse the internet on your computer
- 2. Restart the TheVoipShop application
- 3. Restart your modem/router
- 4. Ensure that you have the latest version of TheVoipShop installed
- 5. Check your Firewall settings*
- 6. Ensure that you’re not connecting to the internet through a proxy
- 7. Ensure that your router does not have a SIP ALG enabled
* If you are using the Windows firewall: navigate to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall, and ensure 'Don't Allow Exceptions' is not ticked.
For specific details about the connection problem choose to Run Test.
Connection - The TheVoipShop App crashes when I open it
It may be that there is a problem with the application or with the version of Java installed on your computer. To resolve...
- 1. Restart your computer
- 2. Reinstall the latest version of the TheVoipShop App
- 3. Update your Java version from http://www.java.com/download/
Calls - "Call failed. Please try again."
This message indicates that a problem has occurred when trying to place the call.
- 1. Please begin by checking your internet connection (i.e. open a web browser and navigate to a website). If you have an internet connection but still see this error...
- 2. Check that the number you are dialing is correct and that you are using International numbering format e.g put a 00 in front of the number. E.g to dail a UK number such as 0116 2627723 you dial 00 116 2627723
- 3. Check you have credit to make a call – the credit balance is displayed on the APP
SMS - Cannot send SMS
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to send an SMS. Please see below for the most common...
The SMS could not be sent to XXX as the destination phone number is not valid. Please try entering the number again, being sure to use the full international format (i.e. +447XXXXXXXXX).
Credit - How long does it take for credit to show?
TheVoipShop applies all credits automatically as soon as we receive electronic confirmation that the funds have cleared.
If you are ever unsure of your current balance simply login to www.TheVoipShop.net/vsportal Credit should appear on your TheVoipShop account almost instantly if making a regular manual credit/debit card payment.
Please take into consideration your Bank or Building Society as they will also have their own policies.
Credit - Can i add credit without a credit card?
Unfortunately, at the moment it is only possible to top up your account using a credit or debit card.
Basic Router Setup
The TheVoipShop App works with nearly all routers
However, on some rare occasions, a particular access point may not allow VoIP data traffic. If you do find that you are unable to connect to The TheVoipShop App successfully or make calls, it may be that your router needs to be reconfigured to allow TheVoipShop APP to work.
- 1. Please ensure that your router does not have SIP ALG enabled.
- 2. TheVoipShop requires that access to the following remote ports is not restricted UDP Port 5060 and 6060, TCP Ports 5060 and 6060, TCP port 80, RTP Port 6000 onwards.
To ensure that your router is not blocking connection on these ports you may need to setup some rules on your router (only required if your router is actively blocking these ports). Please note that this is usually not necessary. The actual configuration options will vary depending on your router's make and model.
Please refer to your routers documentation and user guide for full instructions.
Basic Firewall Configuration
If you find that you are unable to connect to the TheVoipShop App successfully, it may be that your firewall is blocking some or all of the ports required for the TheVoipShop App to work.
TheVoipShop requires that access to the following remote ports is not restricted UDP Port 5060 and 6060, TCP Ports 5060 and 6060, TCP port 80, RTP Port 6000 onwards.
To create a firewall rule/exception please refer to your firewall documentation. Here is an example for creating a rule with the built in Windows firewall...
- 1. Open the Control Panel (usually Start > All Programs > Control Panel)
- 2. Open Windows Firewall
- 3. Ensure that Don’t allow exceptions is not ticked
- 4. Open Exceptions
- 5. Open Add Program
- 5. Scroll down and select TheVoipShop APP from the list
- 5. Click OK and OK to confirm your settings
Once complete simply restart the TheVoipShop application to complete setup of your new firewall rule.
Adding TheVoipShop calling credit enables you to make more low cost international calls and texts) to landlines/mobiles anywhere in the world. You can add credit using a credit/debit card.
- 1. Log in to the Voip Portal
- 2. Begin by clicking the Buy Calling Credit button. Your current balance is displayed in your Voip portal account or on your Voip APP
- 3. Choose your desired payment method. Click to proceed.
Top-Up by card: Choose to add credit using a Credit/Debit card.
Follow the instructions on screen to Add calling credit